Salary will reflect experience
+44 (0)151 666 8968
5 months ago
As soon as possible
Salary will reflect experience level
A leading award winning organisation is looking to recruit an ICP Expert / Specialist to join their team based in Liverpool working 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday on a Permanent basis (flexible hours are available). The role will create an additional link / level of expertise between the main ICP Lab and the Lab Manager. The person will be in effect a subject matter expert in ICP for the site on a daily basis.
The role will be especially suited to someone who has mentored more junior members of staff or trained new starters. This role won’t be a full Laboratory Supervisor to start off with as staff appraisal duties will still sit with the Lab Manager however over time this role will progress in that direction and could be a great progression opportunity for the right person.
ICP Specialist Duties:
- You will be expected to perform analytical tests on samples specifically using ICP both ICP-OES and ICP-MS in addition to standard wet chemistry as well as supporting others within the team with trouble shooting, method development (where needed) and technical issues that may occur on a daily basis.
- Help identify and support any training needs to build relevant skills and ensure individual Training Records /Training Matrix are kept up to date.
- Promptly inform supervisory team if a problem with equipment or method occurs so that immediate actions can be taken to remedy the problems and return equipment to full service.
- Promote and develop a commitment to continuous improvement in all areas of the laboratories through adherence with the company's quality systems, following up audits and CAPRs/NIRs by completing actions on time.
- Minimum qualified to ONC / HNC level in a Chemistry related subject.
- At least 3-4 years ICP testing experience from industry
- Experience of mentoring or training of new starters in ICP
- Any supervisory experience would be desirable but not essential
- Preferably experienced in a UKAS ISO 17025 accredited laboratory however training will be provided.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.