£35 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8975
about 1 year ago
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- providing design, supervision and contract administration and maintenance service for engineering electrical services for a range of Council schemes.
- Carry out inspections and report on all electrical installations in Council buildings and act as joint qualifying manager for the Council’s registration with NICEIC.
- Carry out site and condition surveys of electrical services in buildings. Provide detailed reports including defect diagnosis with priorities, recommendations and costing’s, breaches of legislation and inadequate fire precaution measures
- Ensure that systems are designed and maintained in accordance with all health and safety requirements with due consideration to energy and water conservation
- Prepare detailed reports, schedules, specifications, drawings, diagrams, estimates and contract documentation to obtain competitive tenders for projects and maintenance work.
- Supervise contracts during the installation phases and carry out site inspections for progress, appropriate technical content and quality of workmanship. Comply with set quality standards and monitor their application to site works.
- Consult with statutory bodies and with private or public utilities.
- Work with schools and other organisations with maintenance responsibilities for Council owned buildings (or other buildings) to ensure that such sites are aware of their maintenance needs and priorities.
- Provide technical advice on the feasibility, practicality and estimated costs of proposals submitted by client departments and schools.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.