+44 (0)151 666 8929
7 months ago
Responsible for all reactive & preventative maintenance across a variety of critical equipment including LV electrical distribution systems, motors, drives, switch gear, fire alarms, control systems and instrumentation in respect to EC&I Engineering activities within the Oil Fuel Depots. Ensuring that all aspects of work are executed on time and in full compliance with company standards and UK/ European legislation.
The job will require the post holder to be qualified in a relevant Engineering Craft/ Technician discipline and completed a Modern Day Craft Apprenticeship, or be assessed as competent with relevant experience, have the ability to work collaboratively with other team members and others with whom they may have dealings in a professional manner.
The role entails the individual to provide engineering support in areas of instrumentation, control, functional safety, electrical and provide first line maintenance of the BPCS and associated equipment.
There will be a need to build strong credible working relationships with all internal stakeholders and in particular
HSSEQ, Depot Managers and other engineering colleagues.
• Comply with The Fundamental Principles of the Agency.
• Embrace process safety, which is the core of company culture, to ensure all the activities in which they engage are carried out safely and in compliance with the policies and procedures laid out and raise any concerns on safety with the line manager.
• Individuals are responsible for the health and safety of themselves and others by what they do or fail to do, as is legally obligated by the Health & Safety Act (1974).
o Must wear PPE as appropriate and instructed.
o Must adopt/comply with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) & Risk Assessment. o Adhere to Permit to Work Procedures.
• Ensure EC & I activities are completed and are fully compliant with the organisations policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety.
• In conjunction with your supervisor, progress and complete training plans as identified by your annual appraisal and competency matrix.
• Maintain a professional approach in day to day activities.
• Ensure effective and appropriate communication at all times.
• Report on activities and provide relevant management information
• Maintain high standards of probity and confidentiality.
These duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide Electrical, Control &Instrumentation Maintenance activities and technical support for day to day operations across the Oil Fuel Depots.
• Previous experience of DCS Systems, communication data highways, variable speed drives, instrumentation - pressure, flow, temperature, density, level, control valves etc
• Troubleshoot assigned Electrical control and Instrumentation problems, resolving and documenting any issues.
• Complete routine and quality inspections of Instrumented systems across the company ensuring compliance to the relevant standards.
• Understanding of current legislation and statutory requirements, including DSEAR, EAWR & HASAWA, BSEN61508/11, IEC13849 and BS 62061 and work to ensure full compliance.
• Complete all assigned tasks, safely, to the required quality and timeframes (Including investigation/troubleshooting, planned repair scopes, preventative and predictive maintenance, and equipment installation) in accordance with HASAWA requirements.
• Carry out planned maintenance activities and defect rectification efficiently.
• Prepare the work area for more complex maintenance of depot, systems or components.
• Ability to read or produce engineering drawings, P & IDs and trip schedules
• Utilise diagnostic techniques to identify faults in depot systems, components to enable repair.
• Reinstate the work area after completing the maintenance of depot, systems and components.
• Conduct safe and effective handover of depot systems and equipment to others and accept and confirm responsibility for the control of the depot systems and equipment within the work area isolation boundary.
• Willing to undertake Short Notice overtime.
• Responding immediately to equipment breakdowns
• Overhauling and replacing parts according to schedule
• Be responsible for the filling out of Job Request Sheets, Planned Maintenance Cards etc.
• Carry out any reasonable task as requested by the management team.
• Be familiar with work planning and scheduling
• Specify and order assigned spares/replacement equipment in line with site quality procedures.
• Ability to train and mentor others in maintenance or operations including apprentices.
Compliancewith Health and Safety and Environmental Regulations
Compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental regulations including:
• Taking reasonable care for the Health and Safety of themselves and other persons who may be affected by his acts or omissions at work.
• Co-operate with his employer as far as is necessary, to enable them to comply with the duties placed upon him.
• Not to intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse any service or facility provided in the interests of Health, Safety and Welfare.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.