£45000 - £55000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8958
Principal Transport Planner
12 months ago
The successful candidate will work as part of a Transportation Team, with the objective of successfully delivering a range of transportation planning projects to public sector clients. You will be involved in delivering all aspects of Highways England Scheme Stages 1 / 2 and WelTAG/WebTAG Stages 1, 2 and 3.
About the Role:
- To produce and review Option Assessment Reports and Business Cases
- To have a working knowledge of transport guidance and current best practice (Highways England / WelTAG / WebTAG)
- To have a good understanding of transport project development processes
- To produce high quality project reports, including technical documents
- To develop relationships with Highway England / Local Authorities
- Understanding of the transport scheme appraisal process in the UK, including Highways England Scheme Stages 1 / 2 or WelTAG / WebTAG
- Prior experience working through Highways England PCF (Project Controls Framework) processes
- Knowledge of economic analysis software e.g. TUBA
- Ability to undertake Value of Money BCR assessments for proposed schemes
- Experience of liaising and working with partners and agencies
- Knowledge/experience over a range of civil engineering and transport disciplines such as: cycle and pedestrian network delivery, public transport networks and interchanges, highways and junctions
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.