£45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8975
about 1 year ago
Due to increasing workload, they have created a new role for a Lead Civil & Marine Engineer based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Due to government labour laws, our client is only able to consider candidates who have or have held Nigerian citizenship.
The work involved is a mixture of: Technical input, Team and Project Management.
The engineer will have a thorough background in design and design management of civil infrastructure works, preferably with a maritime emphasis. He/she will be comfortable with leading a small team and providing technical guidance. Previous experience is likely tochave been with a major UK or European consultant.
The engineer will:
• Receive project enquiries and prepare proposals for civil infrastructure consultancy projects (mostly maritime based) as part of the engineering team;
• Lead, in studies and design, providing technical guidance and administrative support to the team.
• Compile project reports, programmes budgets and forecasts;
• Be expected to work hours as required for the project, typically five days / week;
The successful candidate is likely to be professionally qualified and with 10+ years’ solid relevant experience. It is likely that the candidate will be a civil engineer with ports and harbours infrastructure consultancy experience.
The candidate must be proficient in technical written English.
• Attractive salary, plus company bonus scheme;
• Bachelor status contract;
• 25 working days leave per annum
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.