£26000 - £29000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8918
5 months ago
The primary role of the position is to mark out / inspect castings to ensure dimensional conformity to the relevant drawing and specification.
To dimensionally Mark Out / Inspect castings in the Foundry. Assist foundry supervision and machine shops with their requirements to ensure a dimensionally conforming casting.
Mark Out Castings to ensure they are dimensionally correct to customer drawings and specifications. Liaise with Foundry mark out chargehand , Inspection manager and foundry supervision to ensure they understand the requirements resulting from Mark Out / Inspections.
Tasks of the Role:
- Mark Out castings to ensure conformance to drawing.
- Mark Out castings for machining.
- Inspect castings after machining etc., using conventional methods, Faro Arm, Micrometer’s, Vernier’s etc.
- Produce Mark Out & Inspection reports.
- Produce & Log Work Sheets for non-conforming parts.
- Assist Foundry Supervision, Fettlers, Burners etc. to understand any dimensional issues they may have.
- Work closely with customer representatives / Inspectors as required.
- Any other duties commensurate with this position.
- Apprentice Trained (Engineering machinist) - Advantageous
- Metrology Dimensional Measurement Qualification - Advantageous
- Ability to demonstrate good understanding of manual measuring equipment - Essential
- Ability to read and understand complex Engineering Drawings - Essential
- A good technical background - Essential
- Computer Literate - Essential
- Previous experience of Dimensional Inspection - Advantageous
- Previous machining experience working with technical drawings and inspection equipment - Advantageous
- Previous experience of Mark Out / Inspection within a Foundry - Advantageous
- Ability to work on their own and as part of a team - Essential
- Self-motivated - Essential
- Good Timekeeping - Essential
- Willing to undertake shift work - Essential
- Willing to learn and develop new skills - Essential
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.