£31000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8918
about 1 year ago
The purpose of the job is to liaise, plan and oversee the running of the Foundry Frontend operations area. As supervisor you will lead numerous teams on a shift and organise core making, moulding, burning and digging/knocking out.
You will be responsible of making sure capacity plans are followed and cast dates are met, all these tasks are to be done in a safe and healthy manner with minimal environmental impact.
• Leading Casting operations.
• Supervising all frontend activities and improve and develop the frontend to achieve departmental aims and objectives.
• Enforce all safe systems of work procedures that have been issued and ensuring an acceptable level of housekeeping is maintained.
• Responsible and accountable for their teams health and safety performance and develop a work environment that encourages compliance with safety and employment regulations and report/investigate all accidents and dangerous occurrences.
• Work towards being lift plan trained, be a lean leader and first aid trained.
• Quality and cost control awareness.
• Effective communication skills both verbal and written including tool box talks when needed for things such as safety/quality changes etc.
• Ability to visualise and plan future production needs, also managing skilled employees hours via mestec.
• People management skills (including absence/training and holidays) management with a fair but consistent approach.
• Flexible approach and willing to work flexible hours.
• Effective leadership, being decisive and leading from the front and promoting be a hero and quality clinic projects.
• Basic computer skills, excel, word, e-mails etc.
• Co-ordinated with other departments including pattern shop, finishing department, contractors and mtce in respect to work flow and breakdowns.
• Monitor and address issues concerning personal performance, attendance, punctuality and discipline in line with company procedures.
• Conduct appraisals and safety tours with the health and safety manager.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.