+44 (0)151 666 8929
10 months ago
About The Company
We are an award winning multi-disciplinary solutions business with extensive engineering capabilities and specialist expertise in transportation and energy industries. With a global workforce in excess of 7,000 including experienced designers, engineers, architects, planners and project managers with aspiration to grow this workforce significantly. We work in partnership with our clients to develop and deliver high quality, innovative technical solutions for major infrastructure projects in the UK.
We offer our people the opportunity to work on exciting and rewarding projects. We provide long-term career development opportunities and support our staff to enable them to reach their full potential. We offer flexible working and a competitive remuneration package including a bonus scheme. We provide a warm welcome and encourage applications from a diverse range of people who can enrich our company.
About The Role
The Principal Engineer is a key role within our organisation which takes responsibility for the efficient and effective delivery of projects, ensuring the needs of the client and the business are met. The role can be based out of our York, Manchester, Birmingham or Reading offices and will focus on key projects such as the Transpennine Route upgrade, Gatwick Station and East Coast Power Supply Upgrade. As a Chartered Engineer you will apply company procedures and systems to promote high levels of health, safety and wellbeing of staff and other stakeholders whilst leading and managing a team of Civil Engineers, graduates and technicians
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Principal Engineer will proactively contribute to the effective and consistent implementation of Company policies and procedures whilst maximising all opportunities with clients. You will also assist in safeguarding profitability through engagement with Project Managers and promote efficient engineering delivery based on a "right first time" principle. This is a line management role and the post-holder will be responsible for expanding the skill set of the team as well as contributing to furthering company ventures as they develop.
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant degree in the Engineering space.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution.
- Professionally qualified Chartered or Incorporated Engineer and
- Ability in the application of safety standards, CDM regulations and in the application and teaching of civil engineering design principles and standards.
- Ability in the application and teaching of construction principles and standards including experience of project delivery in construction related markets.
- Experienced at working with contractors in a design and build environment.
- Experienced within the rail sector and ability in the use of Network Rail procedures and standards.
- Experience of contract conditions, processes and procedures.
- Ability in programming, delivery, budgets and timescales.
- Experience of the transportation sector.
- Demonstrable line management experience.
- Experience of designing and checking civil engineering deliverables.
- Ability in the use of Eurocodes.
- Experience in the use of computer analysis programs.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.