+44 (0)151 666 8968
11 months ago
As soon as possible
West Yorkshire (Remote working available)
Our client is a global Agrosciences business that is going through a period of sustained growth. They’re looking to add an additional ecotoxicologist to their team to further support a number of exciting research projects. It is imperative that for this role candidates have experience in the agrochemical, biociode or chemical industry with strong knowledge across ecotoxicology. Candidates with experience of Plant Protection Products (REG 1107.2009) are of particular interest for this position.
This role offers opportunity to be involved in some of the leading research studies in Europe for Biocides, Agrochemicals, Pesticides and other plant protection products. Candidates can expect tonnes or progression opportunities, a genuinely fast-growth organisation and the opportunity for involvement in worldwide research projects. For candidates who are interested, the role will also offer the opportunity for international travel (although this is not expected of candidates where this is not feasible due to circumstance)
- Study set up and monitoring ongoing projects (project management of studies, budget responsibilities, contact with clients).
- Drafting of the relevant sections of contracts and regulatory documents, including study documents and risk assessment.
- Working, and often leading as part of a multiskilled project team, to develop robust documentations.
- Providing strategic support to stakeholders, representing them in communication with the correct authorities.
- Various other tasks related to the registration and regulatory process of pesticides and plant protection products.
- Flexible, with home working as an option. They have a wide geographical spread of offices, with offices in Yorkshire, France and Austria.
- 3 years professional experience in an ecotoxicology role (e.g. from Government, Industry or Consultancy).
- BSc degree in relevant scientific discipline.
- Ability to interpret data in order to make scientific and regulatory conclusions and develop creative solutions
- Thorough working knowledge of the EU regulatory procedures for plant protection products is essential. Knowledge of the EU regulatory procedures for other chemicals (i.e. biocides and chemicals under REACH) would be beneficial.
- Ability to take personal responsibility and initiative for delivering high quality work.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.