£14.62 per hour, Benefits: +15% shift allowance and overtime available
+44 (0)151 666 8918
9 months ago
- To operate a 3 axis milling centre
- All milling and turning operations associated with the manufacture of high integrity components for applications in the power generation sector
- All aspects of machining to meet the business needs
- Operate 3 axis milling centre
- Self-check inspection of parts produced
- Assist in loading and off-loading parts to machine
- To always promote Health & Safety in the workplace, displaying excellent personal safety and challenging others when unsafe behaviour is observed.
- All other duties commensurate with the role
- Apprentice trained as a machinist
- Experience of multi axis machining (minimum 3 axis)
- Ability to read and understand complex engineering drawings
- Knowledge of modern tooling
- Crane driving and slinging
- A full understanding of health and safety and the ability to work safely
- Experience using Siemens 840D control
- Experience using Tilting milling head with automatic positioning capability
- Previous experience of operating multi axis machinery (minimum 3 axis) in a medium to heavy engineering environment
- Team working ability
- Have a flexible attitude to the work demands of the role
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.