£50000 - £70000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
4 months ago
£50k-£70k (potentially slightly more for ideal candidate) + benefits
A fantastic opportunity to work for one of the UK’s leading building consultancy, construction, installation businesses who provide a full end to end service to wide range of clients. Due to upcoming projects they now have the requirement to take on 3 further Construction Managers to oversee Projects based in Wolverhampton, Chessington and Salisbury with further projects in the pipeline upon completion of these.
The projects are particularly exciting and are involving the delivery of sites for one of the UK’s leading sterilisation and infection prevention businesses, as you can imagine, due ot the current economic situation it is crucial to get these projects delivered on time and on budget, which is where you come in.
Your remit will be to manage and administer the delivery of the Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire protection works undertaken by the site team as well as all sub‐contractors, in terms of proactively managing the key project content, coordination, and milestones including, planning, engineering, construction, commissioning and handover under limited supervision. If you have exposure of this on projects for pharmaceutical, medical devices manufacturers or similar businesses please get in touch.
- Health & Safety – To provide a safe working environment for all employees, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and visitors.
- To lead the achievement of safety targets and zero tolerance of unsafe working practices and occurrences.
- Organisational – Monitor the value engineering, design and material selection to ensure they meet the requirements of the contract.
- Coordinate the sub contract packages with the main contract works and other subcontractors.
- Ensure that the works are installed in accordance with the drawings, specifications and other requirements of the contract.
- Location – prepared to travel and work anywhere in the UK
- Own the project programme and ensure timely delivery in terms of cost, specifications, and client satisfaction
- Provide technical guidance to the site, and resolve critical site issues
- To optimise utilisation of material, equipment and staff
- Be completely accountable for development, motivation and assessment of supervised staff and labour resources
- Manage, improve and build relations with Clients, and consultants and have the ability to accept and promote change for favourable business gains
- Control and direct the work of all site based operations
- Close coordination with all departments to ensure uninterrupted progress on site
- Optimisation of all resources with a view to control cost and maximize productivity
- To achieve a ‘right first time’ philosophy on site
- To interface with a multi discipline project team, to advise the team and fully integrate and coordinate the works into the overall construction process
- To manage and lead the works and sub‐contractors acting as the facilitator between the project management team as well as the sub‐ contract works and the contractors’ project teams
- Interface with the client in all aspects of the works
- To advise, organize and monitor all phases of the works, including, planning, engineering, construction, commissioning and handover
- Ensure that the works are constructed in accordance with the contract documents including drawings and specifications
- The individual will be suitably qualified and experienced, having a Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services qualification OR NVQ 5 or 6 in Construction Management AND Black CSCS card
- 5 years plus, project managing mechanical, cleanroom or design & build projects with a value >£2 million
- Experience in managing employees and contracted workforce across multiple trades/disciplines
- Strong market/sector knowledge
- Background in industry ideally including one of the following specialist areas: mechanical, pipework, cleanrooms, electrical control and instrumentation or design and build
- Proven Capability in the following areas: ‐
- Site & construction management in mechanical, pipework, cleanrooms, EC&I and/or design and build
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong computer literacy, especially Excel proficiency
- Strong commercial and contractual knowledge/understanding including contract law, profit and loss, adjudication, variations and extensions management
- Minimum 5 years as a Project Manager with a demonstrable safe & successful track record
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.