Competitive Based on Experience
+44 (0)151 666 8999
6 months ago
£competitive based on experience, this role is based on Day Shift and has excellent benefits (good holiday allowance, private medical, free parking, pension, subsidised onsite restaurant
A fantastic opportunity to join a well established packaging manufacturing business with sites in over 40 different countries and in excess of 30000 employees worldwide. Currently they have an opening within their Engineering team for a Team Lead to report directly to the Engineering Manage with the main aim of the role being to manage the maintenance and development of all Engineering within production and ensure production targets are met.
Should you have experience as an Electrical Engineer within a fast paced manufacturing background, be experienced enough to have led people on site as a senior Engineer and be potentially keen to get off shifts and onto a day based pattern then this role might suit you perfectly.
We can consider people from FMCG, Food, Medical Devices, Packaging, Paper, Automotive and general manufacturing backgrounds as long as the environment you’ve been used to working in has been across multiple fast paced production lines.
- To manage the Electrical, Mechanical Engineering resource across five shifts as well as day Engineering to ensure machine improvements and energy saving projects are facilitated;
- Provide a full and efficient engineering service covering the installation, modification, maintenance, commissioning and all related testing (electronic and mechanical) to associated plant across the site;
- Provide full and effective electrical support service to the entire production area with particular focus on fault analysis and rectification;
- Monitor contractors working on site to ensure compliance with all safety and work permits;
- Carry out safety and environmental audits;
- Continuously strive for improvements and ensure your team adhere to safety and quality standards;
- Ensure that all work practices and operations are carried out in a safe manner. Report all accidents and incidents in accordance with Amcor procedures and ensure that housekeeping is maintained to an agreed 6S standard.
- To continually strive to develop Health & Safety standards within the business;
- Responsible for the supervision, motivation and organisation of your team and maximising engineering performance across production;
- Responsible for the local management of timekeeping, breaks, and absence. Initiate Bradford factor counselling liaising with Human Resources.
- The candidate should have great interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to influence and make decisions. A fast learner with a positive attitude will also be a pre-requisite for this role.
- Proficient with SAP (or equivalent) and have strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel;
- Fully qualified Electrical Engineer, experienced within a manufacturing environment;
- Hold a Mechanical Engineering qualification (desirable)
- Have demonstrable experience in project management and leading/developing people
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.