£21.50 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8970
9 months ago
Up to 12 weeks
To undertake welding activities, repairs and inspections on systems and equipment on all RN and other entitled Vessels and, when required, in other sections including the Estate.
A recognised fabrication/welding Apprenticeship to at least N/SVQ Level 3 or equivalent and have gained at least a National Certificate.
You MUST hold SC Clearance (active within the last 12 months)
Weld Codes for role:
- TIG 141 – Small Bore Pipework, various materials including Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel and Copper Nickel.
- Qualification tests to BSEN 9606-1 & 3
- Experience with consumable inserts would be an advantage
- Mirror work would also be an advantage
- MMA 141 – Structural Steel and Pressure Hull
- Qualification tests – Low Hydrogen Full Pen 25mm Plate Butt and supplementary Fillet Weld to BSEN 9606-1
- HM Submarine and Ship Operating procedures
- HM Submarine and Ship Tag-out procedures
- Nuclear Procedures, Production Technical Instructions, Support Documentation, welding, brazing, pipe bending procedures and processes
- Relevant acceptance standards
- Interpretation of engineering drawings
- Relevant Quality Assurance documentation
- COSHH & safe systems of work
- Non-destructive examination techniques, visual examinations of all welds, dye penetrant examination of welds and surfaces
- Nuclear Reactor compartment & controlled area working
- All Submarines, Surface Vessels and the Estate air, fluid and steam systems
- Manufacture and repair of components
- In situ repair of components, including freeze seal watch keeping
- Operation & maintenance of welding, brazing equipment
Rates of Pay:
£21.50 - LLC
£16.52 - PAYE
If you are interested in this role, and meet all of the above requirements please upload your up to date CV and i will be in touch to organise a pre screen and review your training cards and certificates.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.