£35000 - £45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8958
Bridge Eng Manc
about 1 year ago
About the role:
- Seeking an Engineer/Senior to join a well established and successful design team
- Current team of 6 in Manchester, part of a large multi-disciplinary office
- Projects: good variety of scheme sizes with current largest scheme £80m in value for Highways England. Typical work: Detailed design on portfolio of structures such as bridges, gantries, retaining walls, culvert extensions, assessments of minor structures etc.
- Clients: Highways England, TfGM, on framework’s for majority of Local Authorities nationally along with many private client’s. They also provide support to other offices nationally e.g. TFL from London office, Cumbria Council from Carlisle office etc.
- Although this is a large consultancy in the UK, they aren’t as large as their multi-national competitors and as such offer far less bureaucracy and even greater freedom for development, thus leaving employees feeling like they are more than just a number.
- Ideally 5 years min experience in a Bridge Design environment
- Chartered or qualified with a Masters and working towards Chartership
- Design and Build schemes experience
- Software: MIDAS Civil, CAD, project wise, RC detailing concrete structures important, Revit useful but not essential
- BIM working knowledge a benefit
- Experience working under pressure with tight deadlines and budgets
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.