Rate is negotiable
+44 (0)151 666 8968
10 months ago
Hourly / Day Rate / Salary equivalent is negotiable depending on experience
12 month contract
Based in East Anglia
Commutable from Ely, Cambridge, King’s Lynn, Downham Market, Newmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Norfolk
A multi-sited multinational Pharmaceutical company is looking for an EHS Specialist at their UK headquarters in East Anglia. The role is to support ongoing expansion work and projects on site and is part of a wider plan to recruit staff across all disciplines.
- Working in the pharmaceutical industry this role will primarily focus on supporting capital projects within the manufacturing/engineering sector.
- You will work alongside a team of project engineers/managers while reporting to the senior project manager.
- Projects will be varied and will include new machines/equipment, building works, pipe work and electrical installations.
- Lead Health, Safety and Environmental activities across all of the capital investment projects on site.
- Manage CDM 2015 activities and act as the principal designer and contractor on behalf of the company. This will include preparing pre-construction info, risk registers, H&S design reviews and supporting construction phase plan preparation.
- Review RAMS in a timely manner before work commences
- The candidate will conduct onsite audits to ensure contractors are in compliance with H&S law and their approved RAMS.
Work with the site EHS Manager to ensure projects are handed over suitably.
- Comply with all corporate policies and external regulations
Support EHS project planning from design through to construction and commissioning.
- Induct and supervise contractors (with project engineering in parallel)
- Provide technical EHS leadership to the project team
- Be flexible in your approach and working hours (supervising contractors on occasions at weekends in lieu of project management support will be required).
- Drive improvements to contractor management and PTW documentation
- An experienced EHS professional that can lead and mature the 2015 CDM management within the site. Someone that can develop cultural change for EHS compliance and be very much a team player. This is by no means a consultation role; the client needs someone with a hands-on approach.
- CDM principal designer training
- NEBOSH NGC & construction certificate mandatory, Diploma preferred
- Environmental qualifications, IEMA or NEBOSH
- For contractor management a recognised training course such as ‘Site Management Safety Training’ CITB (SMSTS) or similar
- Holds fire safety accreditation preferred
- In depth knowledge of machinery regulations
- Strong knowledge in EHS management within the construction industry
Environmental understanding regarding permitting requirements, planning and waste legislation but not limited too.
- Ideally from an engineering background (i.e. construction / mechanical / structural)
- Familiar with manufacturing environments (pharma / FMCG)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.