Bury St Edmunds
£14 - £14.5 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8914
3 months ago
This is a long term contract and could likely be a permanent role for the right person.
The work is varied and is likely to involve a lot of breakdown; repair work, weld preparation along with making new components from damaged or worn samples.
Main Duties include:
· Machining small to medium size components
· Producing small to medium size batches, one offs
· Carry out breakdown machining repairs
· Working with a variety of materials such as Mild Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminium etc.
· Experience of Manual Machining in both milling and turning
· Basic fitting skills required
· Work to close tolerance
· Understand and appreciate the correct selection of materials
· Innovative with the ability to produce fixtures for challenging components
· Must be able to work under own initiative with minimal supervision
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
· Familiarity with using standard measuring equipment and apply the necessary skills to self inspect work
· Be prepared to work overtime as required
· Carry out all duties relevant to maintaining a clean and safe working environment
· Knowledge of fabrication skills would be advantageous but not essential
40 Hours per week Monday - Friday (days)
PAYE Rate £14.50 p/h dependent on experience
Self employed contractors may be considered in the interim - Rate negotiable dependant on experience.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.