0151 666 8981
about 1 year ago
I have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Manager to join a leading global supplier of Infrastructure and Engineering solutions to industries including Highways, Rail, Aviation, Defence, Energy and Water.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for a range of projects across the UK. The duration of projects can range from a few days to produce a report to multiple years on a major framework, leading the clients Procurement activity. Working environments will vary and may require the Procurement Manager to co-locate with the end client, work from a company office, from home or a combination of all three.
The Procurement Managers responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Leading major transformational change within end clients existing procurement department
- Leading the procurement, selection and contract award process on behalf of a client
- Reviewing a clients existing procurement practices and advising or implementing improvements where necessary
- Developing a deep understanding of a clients business and advising on procurement strategy
- Training, mentoring and up-skilling a clients procurement department
The ideal Procurement Manager will have:
- 8+ year experience in a relevant sector
- Fully conversant with different procurement routes and ability to provide scenario specific advise to clients
- Working knowledge of NEC3 / 4 ECC and main option A , C and E and able to provide scenario specific advice to clients on strengths and weaknesses if each
- Previous client side experience
- Flexibility to work across the UK
- Full UK driving licence
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.