£45543 - £50936 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 year ago
Culham – Oxford
£45,543 - £50,936 + excellent benefits including outstanding pension scheme
A fantastic opportunity to join the design team within the UK’s Nuclear Power Research Centre in Oxfordshire.
Our client lead the way in pioneering developments in commercially viable fusion power generation, and are looking for a new Mechanical Design Engineer to assist on the development of remote handling systems used within this process.
We are seeking mechanical design engineers to design, develop, commission, test, maintain and operate tools and equipment for these remote handling operations.
Should you have a keen interest in designing using 3D CAD on remote handling equipment/autonomous systems then this role might well suit you particularly well.
Job Description and Personal Specification:
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Design, develop, commission, test, maintain and operate tools and equipment for these remote handling operations.
- Creation and design of effective remote handling mechanical robotic devices and tooling from concept through systems specifications to detail designs
- Supervision of engineers and draughts people to maintain high design standards and integrate design work
- Liaison with customers to report of project progress and to agree priorities
- Drive and complete complex design activities within allotted time and with high efficiency, and ensuring designs are compliant with correct design files.
- Lead and manage the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of existing company systems
- Managing the acceptance, testing and commissioning of complex remote systems
- Experience in mechanism design and actuator selection
- Experience in design substantiation analysis using hand calculation and finite element techniques
- Competent in generating technical documents and specifications
- Experience in using 3D CAD system
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.