£45000 - £50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
over 1 year ago
until 31st December 2020
Reporting to a Group HSE Manager, the Health Safety Environmental (HSE / EHS) Coordinator / professional will be responsible for driving the HSE agenda onsite using their influencing skills to engage and work closely with key stakeholders.
You will ideally be NEBOSH and IEMA Qualified (certificate as a minimum, diploma ideally) with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment (food, pharma, packaging, chemical). You will have experience of strategic planning as well as demonstrable experience of implementing policies and procedures and driving cultural change.
Key Responsibilities of the HSE Coordinator / EHS Coordinator include:
• Primary lead & coordinator for Health & Safety & Environmental activities
• Advises management teams on legal requirements, industry best practice and group HSE policies
• Drive and reinforce a culture of good safety across the site
• Create /develop standards/performance frameworks for performance assessment and benchmarking (e.g. ISO 180001/ISO14001/ISO50001)
• Coordinate accident investigation processes, recording and reporting industrial injuries as required
• Designate and carry out routine Site Health & Safety/Environmental audits to comply with the local site and wider regional requirements
• Support & advise Occupational Health & HR as required
• Maintain the Environmental Management Systems (EMS) in line with Company or other prevailing standards (ISO14001)
• Responsibility for the coordination of other wider site service activities such as facilities & waste management
• Provide induction training, deliver briefings & other Health & Safety training
• Contribute to the general management and decision making, and activity of the Site Management teams.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.