+44 (0)151 666 8929
about 1 year ago
(Location: Gosport, Hampshire or Thanckes, Torpoint, Cornwall)
The role: We are looking to recruit an EC&I Engineer on a fixed term contract for 2 years, to act as a Technical Lead for the Capital Projects team in respect to E&CI Engineering activities associated with the Capital projects, which are currently ongoing across the Oil Fuel Depot’s operated and maintained by the company. You will be ensuring that all aspects of work are executed on time, to budget and in full compliance with company standards and UK / European legislation.
With responsibility for a number of EC&I Engineering tasks within the Capital Projects Team and/or engineering works associated with the depots assets at any one time. The job entails overseeing professional contract engineers or consultant companies, who conduct engineering and maintenance activities on various projects on behalf of the company. There will be a need to build strong credible working relationships with all internal stakeholders and in particular HSEQ, Procurement, other Engineering colleagues as well as with external stakeholders including our O&M Contractor, HSE, EA and our MOD Sponsors.
- Promote process safety leadership as the core of companies culture;
- ensure EC&I Engineering activities within Capital Projects are completed and are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work;
- act as technical lead providing guidance within the team on EC&I matters for Capital and asset care Projects. Referring to the EC&I Technical Authority when needed;
- plan and manage the programme of works for EC&I tasks associated with Projects delivery in line with company standards and relevant and UK / European legislation;
- develop EC&I scopes of work;
- develop budgets and forecasts for work;
- liaise with other members of the Asset Technical Team on standards & codes;
- apply the MOC process for the life cycle of the project;
- lead and / or Support or ALL OFDs / PSD in their Maintenance and Compliance activities as required.
You will possess excellent knowledge underpinned with experience in process control programming languages such as PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) or DCS (Distributed Control Systems)
Your experience will be deemed competent to work on high voltage (HV) electrical systems following safe working practices. This should include experience of operating and maintenance of both 11KV distribution systems and 3.3KV motors and their associated starters. As well as a proven track record of resolving issues over a wide range of time frames utilising short term problem solving activities through to longer term strategic development.
As some travel will be required from time to time a full driving licence is essential for this role.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.