£50000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
over 1 year ago
£50k + benefits
An exciting opportunity to join an expanding chemical manufacturing company who have been in existence for over 40 years. Our client operate a large Chlor Alkali plant in Grays and are looking to expand their team. As a business they have 3 manufacturing plants within the UK and supply products globally adhering to COMAH regulations.
Due to someone leaving the organisation they looking to take on an Process Engineer with a background working in Chemical, Oil & Gas or similar industry sectors.
Should you enjoy managing, troubleshooting and problem solving a chemical process within a plant environment, and have knowledge on fluid dynamics, pump curves and associated calculations then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- Instigation of management of change for improvement to process EHS. This includes updating SOPs and drawings / P&IDs
- Production data processing to ensure product quality and plant efficiency
- Emissions monitoring
- Investigation of equipment upgrades, with specific consideration to material compatibility, to improve EHS, production efficiency or product quality.
- Assist on membrane changes and other hands‐on tasks to assist the plant management.
- Commissioning of new and upgraded plant.
- Carry out any reasonable duties as identified by your line manager or team leader
- Positively represent the business to our customers and suppliers
- Ensure compliance with all contractual employment obligations.
- Ensure compliance with our ISO standards.
- Fully participate in the company's performance management and development programmes.
- Maximise own ability to produce quality work, on time, and to brief, utilising best skills and available technology.
- Work in accordance with the Company's Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety requirements.
BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in Chemical or Process Engineering
Intermediate user of Microsoft packages including Outlook, Excel and Word.
Must have worked in a Chemical, Oil & Gas or similar industry sector
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.