£50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
over 1 year ago
An FMCG Food Manufacturer is seeking an NPD Manager for their growing site in Pontypool, South Wales. This is a key position within the site leadership team with lots of exciting new products due for launch. This role will lead the development team to deliver customer and foodservice NPD and EPD to the agreed quality parameters, cost base for margin enhancement and to the defined timescales.
NPD Manager. Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Development team, the development process and project management
- Development of profitable new products from inception through to implementation and launch
- Ultimately responsible for all customer liaison on development issues
- Responsible for ensuring that all new products and processes are developed in a manner conducive to product safety and quality
- Management, motivation and development of a skilled team, ensuring that talent is nurtured to provide a continuous output of ideas and innovative product design
- Managing team to generate concept samples, consumer research samples and samples for all other requirements during development as required by the commercial team and customers
- Responsible for ensuring all new products are taken through a robust launch process involving all relevant parties both in house and customer as appropriate
- Co-ordinate with relevant departments for product hand over, factory trials and project launches
- Responsible for ensuring that departmental team manage their portfolio of projects to maximise customer satisfaction and achieve company financial targets
- Development of new products beyond current accepted product range to take advantage of opportunities as and when they arise. Blue sky development that can influence the strategic direction of the company.
- Forge strong working relationships with all internal and external project stakeholders
- Identification of new raw materials and ingredients with suppliers and purchasing and agreement of specification
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record in NPD and innovation
- Strong people management experience gained in the food industry
- Client facing experience especially with the supermarket multiples
- Strong analytical, organisational, communications and project management skills with a focus on delivery
- Commercial acumen and customer focus – balancing the needs of the customer with those of the business
- Experience of writing formal business communications and making presentations to senior management and customers
- Experience of end to end development process from concept to launch of products
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.