£45000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus
+44 (0)151 666 8968
7 months ago
£42,000 - £50,000, Bonus
Commutable from Preston, Blackpool, Burnley, Blackburn, Wigan, Bury, Bolton, Rochdale, Southport
Working Monday to Friday Days (no shifts)
A leading Manufacturer is currently recruiting for a Production Manager to join their team. This role will require a time served engineering background or a strong manufacturing background with experience in LEAN and have operated in both a manual and automated manufacturing environment with CI knowledge. Part of this role will be to be involved in an automation project as part of a new product introduction project over the next 12 - 18 months as well as moving part of the site into a new building next door and the expansion of the current production facility when this has happened.
Production Manager Responsibilities
- Plan, manage and control the manufacturing processes, monitor performance versus targets ensuring that goods are produced efficiently and that the correct amount is produced to the right cost and quality standard whilst driving improvement.
- Organise and direct site activities to ensure that daily production targets are achieved while meeting regulatory HS&E
- Provide leadership and management of the Production team which builds motivation, morale and engagement.
- Demonstrate leadership by example in respect of standards of performance and compliance with company policy and processes.
- Proactively manage production constraints and provide feedback to Operations Manager on critical information therein.
- Ability to develop appropriate KPI’s that drive the correct behaviours.
- Work closely with HR in processes such as recruitment and selection, induction, appraisals, training & development and disciplinary issues.
- Ensure that personnel records and training history/matrices for all Operations staff are maintained.
- Monitor and Manage existing systems for Staff Training, T&A (Time & Attendance) Work Instructions, SOPs, BOM's, routings and other production related documentation and records.
- Work closely with other departments within the business to maximize on-time-delivery to customers whilst supporting New Product Implementation and related Technology transfers.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
To apply please contact Johnathan Miller at Scantec on 0151._ 666._ 8925 and johnathanm (at) scantec. co. uk
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.