£33000 per annum, Benefits: Pension up to 10% matched, 25 + 8 days annual leave, Mon - Fri 6-2/2-10
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 year ago
Hartlepool £33000, annual leave 25 days + bank holidays, pension scheme matches up to 10%, this role is Mon – Fri 6-2, 2-10.
A fantastic opportunity to join a global food business in their manufacturing site based in Hartlepool. This role is for a Maintenance Technician with either electrical or mechanical bias but ideally someone time served in one and with basic knowledge of the other. This role suits someone just out of their time or alternatively with a few years experience to grow and develop in with major scope for progression.
Our client supply to some household names and produce a broad range of food ingredients on a site of over 100 employees. This plant is predominantly 2/3rds a chemical processing environment, so someone used to working with pumps (fault finding, removal, replacement), vessels, hoppers and valves both electrically and mechanically. You’ll be joining a fairly experienced engineering team, so will have good people around you to learn from in terms of their process.
This role also suits someone looking for a stable opportunity with a variety of work, their current team is more electrically biased but with plenty years mechanical hands on exposure also.
- Normal job task priority is breakdowns, then PM’s, then repairs (where possible), then projects/improvements.
- Any repairs that cannot be completed before the end of the shift and are not being directed passed onto the next shift must be logged on the shift log.
- Focus on PMs as directed by Maintenance Manager.
- Comply with all relevant company procedures.
- Ensure engineering log and computer systems are fully filled in with all relevant information including PM numbers, all used parts, plant numbers, urgency of required parts, at the end of each shift. If a required part is not a stock item, a full description must be given so that the correct part can be sourced.
- Actively gain as much information as possible from production personnel regarding the fault on the machine to speed up the fault-finding process.
- Aim for “right first time”.
- Ensure ALL new installations or modifications to existing machinery are commissioned and risk assessed before use.
- Foresee any maintenance issues that can be ironed out during the design / installation phase.
- Ensure all communications with external persons are conducted in a professional manner which reflects the company profile.
- Aim to work in a culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide technical help for new processes / developments
- Comply with the health and safety policy. Most importantly, if there are any doubts regarding safety, tasks should be risk assessed in conjunction with the appropriate person, and controls put in place to minimise the risk to acceptable levels where reasonably practicable.
- Comply with all relevant health and safety regulations.
- Willingness to get the job done.
- Flexible approach.
- Be more proactive than reactive in thought process
- Focus on the detail but be able to see the wider picture too.
- Time served maintenance technician
- HNC Desirable but not essential
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.