£30000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8999
London - NDT
about 1 year ago
The position will require the individual to travel and work independently or as part of a dynamic team, implementing their engineering knowledge and competence in structural testing of Street Lighting Columns
The successful candidate will be forward thinking, self-motivated, enthusiastic and be able to work flexibly and effectively to satisfy the requirements of the department.
Duties of the Structural Tester include:
• Working independently using appropriate NDT procedures and techniques to assess condition of structures
• Use of general inspection skills
• Preparation of inspection reports and findings
• Preparation of risk assessments and other administrative documents
• Management of own working schedule including the booking of travel and accommodationA
• Adherence to quality procedures and standards as required by our accreditation
• Communication with customers
• Maintain equipment including routine calibration and validation checks
• To partake in suitable training when and if required
• Other duties within the company not limited to NDT
Requirements of the role:
• Previous experience in the use of NDT equipment including calibration
• PCN Level 2 qualification (Not essential but an advantage)
• Previous experience in an engineering/fabrication/inspection environment
• Competence to interpret and assess NDT results and produce reports
• Competence in the use of Microsoft and other desktop software
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Personable, presentable and articulate
• Willingness to travel with flexible working hours
• Computer proficient
• Strong Administration, organization and communication skills
The salary for this position will be negotiable and a company van with fuel will be provided if successfully offered the position.
If this a position that you are interested in and you feel you meet the required knowledge, experience and qualifications to perform the role successfully, please apply to the advert with your most up to date CV immediately. Alternatively, you can call Keenan on 0151 666 8936 if you wish to discuss the position further.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.