Up to £25,000 DOE.
+44 (0)151 666 8954
4 months ago
Up to £25,000 DOE
Macclesfield, Holmes Chapel, Leek, Congleton, Sandbach, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, North West.
A leading food manufacturer is currently looking for an Junior NPD Technologist whose role will be to deliver concepts to launch for product development.
You must have a background in a food manufacturing FMCG environment and have up to date knowledge of labelling standards, allergen information and food related legislation. You must also be flexible, able to multi-task, attention to detail, able to think creatively and have good interpersonal skills
NPD Technologist responsibilities will include:
- Working on a concept to launch basis ensuring communication with team and customers
- Modification of products in line with customer requirements using the development process and carrying out tasks in the correct order
- Development of products in line with customer requirements using the development process and carrying out tasks in correct order
- Ownership, organization and implementation of pilot plant and factory trials
- Reviewing and assessing the data gained from trials and analysis and escalating for guidance from the NPD to allow you to carrying out the appropriate actions
- Supporting NPD in customer benchmarking and quality panels
- Manage the work load of multiple customers and prioritising requirements with guidance from NPD on critical paths
- Reviewing and understanding multiple customer policies and using that data to overlay the development procedure to ensure all products comply with the correct policies
- Ownership of existing processes with a continuous improvement approach working in line with business requirements
- Writing of submission forms, specifications (internal and external) and customer required technical documents to meet customer deadlines
- Work interdepartmentally with Operations and Commercial team to ensure product trials are successful
- Ensure accurate records are available for accessing and viewing by relevant personnel
- To support the Category and NPD function in terms of technical information and active line samples
- All process development issues at each stage of manufacture are brought to the attention of the business to ensure that they are resolved in a timely manner
- Supporting the factory with resolving process/quality issues of live products.
- Attend and support product launches
Applications via CV submission only.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.