£40000 - £45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
about 1 year ago
The successful Lab Manager will have experience of chemical nutritional testing either in a food manufacturing environment or contract testing environment and have experience of working to UKAS standards.
You will ideally be degree educated in a relevant subject or have extensive management experience in a food testing laboratory environment. You will have in-depth experience and knowledge of managing a food chemical analysis operation and be fully competent in food quality control procedures.
Key responsibilities of the Lab Manager include:
- Management and organisation of lab staff and their training
- Reviewing Lab’s capability and resources to plan workload effectively
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, internal and external auditors
- Work with the Quality Manager do deal with any appeal or complaint from customers
- Prepare for and participate in nutritional UKAS Audits
- Manage consumables, chemicals and reagents
- Attend company management meetings
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the requirements of UKAS accreditation
- Provide technical advice to customers
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.