+44 (0)151 666 8954
6 months ago
FMCG Food Manufacturing
££ Competitive + bonus + benefits
North West London
A leading food manufacturer with a site in the North West London area is currently seeking a Production Area Manager to lead, develop, motivate and empower their team.
The successful Area Manager will provide operational excellence ensuring products are kept to the highest quality and specification. You will have demonstrable experience of managing a team within a fast paced food manufacturing environment with an excellent understanding of LEAN techniques and experience of managing budgets.
Production Area Manager Responsibilities:
• Provide direction and support to all staff, managing and facilitating their performance and development.
• Ensure regular formal communication including weekly and daily team briefs.
• All staff to be fully trained and competent to carry out their individual roles.
• Budget responsibility including planning and reporting of expenditure
• Lead continuous improvement so that ideas for improvement are identified and implemented.
• Reduce waste in all areas, labour, raw materials and energy costs.
• Monitor primary causes of downtime and develop action plans to resolve these issues.
• Ensure preventative maintenance systems are being applied and windows available for work to take place.
• Actively promote a safety culture within the business and ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met.
• Ensure every member of the team is aware of their responsibilities in promoting a safe working environment.
• Ensure all risk assessments are completed and continually strive to reduce risk within the department.
• Ensure all equipment and machinery is 100% safe.
• Take full ownership for product quality in the day to day running of the department.
You will be a driven, passionate, confident leader, able to influence and delegate. You will be an analytical thinker with excellent problem solving skills.
Application via CV submission only.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.