£25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8953
7 months ago
The successful Purchasing Assistant will ideally be a recent graduate with 1-3 years experience of working in a purchasing / supply chain / commercial function and are looking for that next step to develop their career.
Key responsibilities of the Purchasing Assistant include:
• Support the sourcing and managing new Raw Material and/or Packaging requests.
• Constantly seek ways to source quality, cost-effective raw materials in line with market requirements to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Support Senior Buyer to develop and maintain excellent supplier relationships
• Liaise with Technical Department over supplier assurance protocols to ensure that all existing and future suppliers adhere to our requirements and regulations, and managing robust SLAs.
• Reduce stock write offs to agreed minimum yearly level in liaison with planning department.
• Key member of the Purchasing team maintaining strong stakeholder relationships internally
• Continually seek ways to develop professionally within the purchasing function and wider business
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.