£26000 - £28000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8935
about 1 year ago
Salary: £26,000 - £28,422 per annum, Benefits: Salary Allowance
Closing Date: Thursday 20th February 2020
Our client has an opportunity for a Quality Inspector who has a background in bespoke manufacturing to join a highly experienced, single site entity who have been in operation for over 200 years that are capable of producing the largest and most technically challenging cast and forged steel components in the world. The department focus will be the Machine Shop.
The Purpose of the Job:
The prime role of the position is to mark out / inspect castings to ensure dimensional conformity to the relevant drawing.
- Mark Out castings to ensure conformance to drawing
- Mark Out castings for machining
- Inspect castings after machining etc., using conventional methods, Faro Arm, Micrometer’s, Vernier’s etc
- Produce Mark Out & Inspection reports
- Produce & Log Work Sheets for non-conforming parts
- Assist Foundry Supervision, Fettlers, Burners etc. to understand any dimensional issues they may have
- Work closely with customer representatives / Inspectors as required
- Any other duties commensurate with this position
Candidates must have:
- Ability to demonstrate good understanding of manual measuring equipment
- Ability to read and understand complex Engineering Drawings
- A good technical background
- Be Computer Literate
- Ability to work on their own and as part of a team
- Willing to undertake shift work
- Willing to learn and develop new skills
- Good timekeeping
- Metrology Dimensional Measurement Qualification
- Apprentice Trained (Engineering machinist).
- Previous experience of Dimensional Inspection
- Previous machining experience working with technical drawings and inspection equipment
|Previous experience of Mark Out / Inspection within a Foundry
|37 hours a week operating on a three shift system (mornings/afternoons/nights)
What can we offer you in return?
- Long established employer
- Competitive Salary
- Potential for paid overtime
- 33 days annual leave
- Central location and Free onsite parking
- Matched Pension scheme up to 4% and Life Assurance
- Discounted Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme
- You at Work - Online discount benefits package
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.