£50 - £60 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8929
over 1 year ago
Human Factors design and safety case support to the Special Nuclear Material (SNM) and Balance of Plant (BoP) work streams (plus ad hoc support to other RAP streams as required).
RAP is currently in the Preliminary Design Phase. The HF resource will need to be fully embedded / integrated with the RAP Project, in particular the design / engineering, pre-ops and safety disciplines. The key HF activities planned for the Preliminary Design Phase include:
Project planning / management, for example:
- Management of live HF scope and strategy document
- HF planning / scoping activities for subsequent project phases
- Logging, tracking and closing off HF issues, actions and requirements.
- Input to / justification of Allocation of Function decisions (particularly with respect to human physical and psychological capabilities)
- OPEX / LFE reviews
- Understanding the role of the operator task analysis on key functions/tasks to inform design development, HF requirements capture and HF design advice
- Providing ergonomic design advice / review to aspects such as HMI, anthropometric assessment, glove box design, maintenance tasks, access / egress, workspace layout, etc.
- Input into the development of an operational philosophy
- Input into optioneering / design of analytical techniques and proposed technologies.
- Input into the nuclear safety case strategy, utilising SL HF methodologies
- Attendance at HAZOPs and input into fault identification
- Input into allocation of safety function to operational controls
- Input into the development of radiological, criticality and chemotoxic design safety assessments
- High-level HF substantiation of safety significant tasks / operator claims.
Educational Professional Qualifications Required
- Senior HF Assessor
- 5 years + HF experience
- Significant experience providing integrated HF design and safety case support in the nuclear industry
- Sellafield experience would be an advantage
- Significant knowledge and experience working within the UK nuclear regulatory framework
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of integrated team
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.