£35000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Car Allowance, Fuel Card, Mobile
+44 (0)151 666 8958
10 months ago
An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen for a competent Site Manager/Section Engineer to join a growing, family-run, Civil Engineering Contractor based in North Wales/Cheshire.
The Client is a local Civil Engineering contractor specialising in minor road works, typically ranging from £50k-£200k in value. Their core focus lies with surface dressing, civil engineering and associated trades, with the majority of services being delivered by their specialist in house team of circa 40 staff.
The successful candidate will come in as the Contract Directors ‘right hand man’, taking away a lot of the delivery responsibility, freeing up time for the CD to support the sharp growth of the business. This opening is perfect for any individual who wants to not only diversify their skill-set and be presented with significant career development opportunities, but also feel valued and reassured in the knowledge you are having a direct positive impact on the overall direction of the business.
- Reporting directly into the Contracts Director, you will be required to oversee all project delivery of multiple minor works schemes, consisting of;
- Organising and managing labour and operatives, toolbox talks, carrying out site inspections, measuring up works, ordering of materials, health & safety representation, setting-out
- Ensuring approved RAMS are in place
- Planning works with Local Authority Client’s
- Traffic Management Plans
- 5+ years' experience of working a range of Road & Highways projects ideally
- Qualified to HND or BSc in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Experienced in the successful delivery of road construction projects on time and to budget
- Prev exp: earthworks, drainage, ducting, surfacing, street lighting , S278/38’s
- Commercial astute applicants are desirable
- Key qualifications: CSCS card, NVQ 3 or 4, First Aid, Manual Handling, SMSTS
To apply for this position or for more information, please contact Curtis Sanderson on 0151 666 8958.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.