£37017 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday, Excellent Pension
+44 (0)151 666 8999
10 months ago
£37,017, annual leave 25 days + bank holidays, pension scheme matches up to 10%, this role is 4 on 4 off days and nights
A fantastic opportunity to join a global food business in their manufacturing site based in Pocklington. This role is for a Maintenance Technician with either electrical or mechanical bias, and would be an ideal position for with experience working in a manufacturing environment with a solid background electrically and some mechanical skills then this role might fit you perfectly.
Our client supply to some household names and produce a broad range of products some of which are chocolate based, so ideal for someone with a sweet tooth!. This is a 24/7 facility with around 100 staff total and you’ll be joining a fairly experienced engineering team, so will have good people around you to learn from and work alongside.
This role also suits someone looking for a stable opportunity with a variety of work, their current team is more electrically biased but with plenty years mechanical hands on exposure also.
- Normal job task priority is breakdowns, then PM’s, then repairs (where possible), then projects/improvements.
- Any repairs that cannot be completed before the end of the shift and are not being directed passed onto the next shift must be logged on the shift log.
- Focus on PMs as directed by Maintenance Manager.
- Comply with all relevant company procedures.
- Ensure engineering log and computer systems are fully filled in with all relevant information including PM numbers, all used parts, plant numbers, urgency of required parts, at the end of each shift. If a required part is not a stock item, a full description must be given so that the correct part can be sourced.
- Ensure all communications with external persons are conducted in a professional manner which reflects the company profile.
- Aim to work in a culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide technical help for new processes / developments
- Comply with the health and safety policy. Most importantly, if there are any doubts regarding safety, tasks should be risk assessed in conjunction with the appropriate person, and controls put in place to minimise the risk to acceptable levels where reasonably practicable.
- Comply with all relevant health and safety regulations.
- Willingness to get the job done.
- Flexible approach.
- Be more proactive than reactive in thought process
- Focus on the detail but be able to see the wider picture too.
- Time served maintenance technician
- HNC Desirable but not essential
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.