£43500 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
about 1 year ago
FMCG Food Manufacturing
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will provide technical support and supervision / leading of an engineering team to carry out corrective and preventative maintenance of plant machinery and their associated services.
This company have a fantastic culture and the site itself is undergoing considerable investment and the opportunity to develop and progress.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Day to day control – supervising the engineering function to ensure adequate support to production
- Assist the manager in developing & implementing preventive and predictive maintenance routines and engineering procedures
- To ensure sufficient engineering cover for machine breakdowns throughout the site
- Assist the manager in conducting performance reviews on maintenance team members and take appropriate remedial action in a timely manner i.e. identifying training needs / disciplinary measures where required
- Health & Safety – responsible for ensuring that all legal and company required policies and procedures are adhered to within the engineering department
- Department planning – to support the Engineering manager in the planning of engineering schedules
- To keep the Engineering manager informed on present and foreseeable situations with either staff or machinery which may compromise engineering cover or machinery availability to production
- Ensure relevant engineers are in the production area at the start of production and a good level of engineering cover is maintained during production periods
- Ensure all machinery / plant is available for production after maintenance periods
- Manage and coordinate corrective maintenance quickly and efficiently so as to cause the least amount of machinery downtime
Apprentice served Mechanical / Electrical Engineer to ONC Standard or with equivalent experience. Ideally have post apprenticeship experience or equivalent within a factory-engineering environment with a proven track record.
A sound technical background with the ability to manage tasks using a lateral, methodical approach, matched by a demonstrable flair for fault finding and rectification. Must have good leadership and strong team building skills with the ability to manage and motivate engineering staff. Previous supervisory experience is advantageous.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.