£30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Salary Allowance
+44 (0)151 666 8935
over 1 year ago
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
Sector: Manufacturing & Production
Our client has an opportunity for a Shift Manager who has a background in slow paced manufacturing to join a highly experienced, single site entity who have been in operation for over 200 years that are capable of producing the largest and most technically challenging cast and forged steel components in the world. The department focus will be the Machine Shop.
The Purpose of the Job:
To operate as part of a team of 6 to ensure that operational performance is maintained in accordance with the Machine Shop KPI’s.
- Ensure that all personnel wear the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ensure that personnel work in accordance with safe working practices.
- Manage resources within the department to ensure KPI’s are achieved
- Ensure that a high level of housekeeping is maintained
- Generate shift reports via Mestec software
- Co-ordinate with service departments including maintenance with respect to breakdowns and agree action plans to recover production efficiencies
- Improve and develop areas within the area of responsibility to achieve departmental aims and objectives
- Investigate, review and report all accidents and hazardous occurrences in accordance with company procedures and implement actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Monitor and address issues concerning personal performance, attendance, punctuality, interpersonal problems and discipline in line with company procedures.
- Carry out disciplinary investigation in line with the business code of practice
- Manage absence
- Ensure that employees are working in compliance with both internal and external quality controls and systems as required
- Conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the company’s competencies, values and behaviours
Main Job tasks:
- Uphold Quality Standards via Quality System Documentation
- Uphold all Healthy and Safety legal requirements whilst maintaining a safe and clear working environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources. Maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
- Communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising work results. Initiating, co-ordinating, and enforcing systems, company policies and procedures.
- Maintain staff levels and create a flexible and skilled work force
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process; communicating with other departments to maximise machine utilisation
- Monitoring personnel, resources and methods
- Propose and implement projects to reduce operating costs
- Ensure all operational equipment is monitored for its efficiency and all issues are reported to the maintenance team
- Maintain and improve systems and procedures by analysing operating practices · Resolve personnel issues via investigation and resolution in accordance with the company’s disciplinary procedure
- Co-ordinate movement of parts to Heat Treatment
- Co-ordinate movements of mechanical test coupons to Test Laboratory
- Labour resource planning. Produce daily reports via Mestec software
- Monitor performance against standards
- Carry out risk assessments
- Create lift plans
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Significant experience working as a professional supervisor within a manufacturing/production environment
3 Shift Pattern Mornings, 06:00 to 13:00 Afternoons 13:00 to 20:00, Nights 20:00 to 06:00 (Average 37.5 hours/week)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.