£33000 - £55000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8968
3 months ago
£33,000 - £55,000
Chemical Manufacturing Industry
My client is a Global Chemical Manufacturing business. Due to continuing expansion they are looking to appoint a number of Organic Chemists as part of ambitious growth plans. Roles are available at all levels of experience from recent PhD Graduates to experienced Hires and is the reason for the wide salary range on offer.
These roles represent a genuine opportunity to join a global business at the forefront of their field who offer unparalleled career progression opportunities and whose product range is used around the world – call me / get in touch for further details. Interviews will be taking place in February with a closing date for initial applications on the 2nd February 2020.
Duties will vary based on level of role however here are some examples of what to expect:
- Lead business critical technology projects and contribute to future project generation
- Be at the forefront of designing and developing the next generation of performance chemical additives
- Organise, carry out and assess testing of additives to ensure performance standards are met and reliability to meet customer and internal requirements
- Present your reports on technical findings and give recommendations to key stakeholders that influence preferred outcomes
- Supervise and coach laboratory based chemists
- Generate innovative solutions to formulation challenge
- Design synthetic routes, prepare risk assessments, make novel chemicals and take molecules from concept to commercialisation
- Source complementary expertise externally and coordinate internal multifunctional teams
- Partner with customers to develop bespoke products
- PhD in Organic Chemistry as a minimum for all levels
- Ability to apply technical knowledge, having the insight to solve problems and be innovative
- Desire and ability to apply science in a commercial context
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams, collaborate and influence others
- Commitment and passion for turning scientific knowledge into a performance enhancing end product
- Comprehensive technical training and support as you start your industry career
- High levels of project management responsibilities
- Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
- Exposure across several key global groups, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with a company that values its colleagues
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.