£50000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Car Allowance
+44 (0)151 666 8960
3 months ago
Location: New Romney, Kent
Package: Up to £55,000 pa plus car allowance
I am supporting a well known organisation who provide specialist services the Nuclear sector who are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to join the business on a permanent basis, based in New Romney, Kent.
You will be joining an existing site team and will be responsible for ensuring that the contractor staff work to the clients standards in terms of Quality, Safety and Productivity and Environment throughout the delivery of a high profile Nuclear project.
- You will establish performance to a high standard in line with project procedures, addressing any shortfalls when required
- You will promote strong safety and quality and ensure that 'setting out' briefings are carried out
- You will carry out or assign other SQEP staff to perform quality pre job briefings for all work activities
- You will routinely review fleet OPEX and project lessons learned and apply to improve performance in their work area.
- You will ensure that safety audits are performed when required
- You will ensure that teams have the required resources to carry out work, including daily manning levels
- Reinforce time keeping expectations and productivity.
- Clearly communicate daily activities to personnel
- Monitor progress again project schedule and provide regular reports when requested by the Project Manager
- Review project plans and work week and attend project meetings
- Carry out reviews of contractor method statements, risk assessments, other documents and drawings as required
- You will have gained knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management and Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Must hold a current IOSH and CDM regulations
- You will have gained relevant project experience, ideally within the Nuclear or another Highly regulated sector
- You will have gained a strong understanding of the requirement for quality in a project environment and be familiar with using and structuring Quality Assurance documentation
- You will be able to prepare technical documents and be able to review/approve technical proposals
- Experience of supervising and setting contractors/sub contractors
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.