£38 - £40 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
9 months ago
Based in Chorley
Our Client designs roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Their projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, they manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
Undertaking services within an engineering environment which may include (but are not limited to);
- Scheme investigation
- Site and structure inspections
- Data collection and analysis 4
- Feasibility studies
- Preliminary and detailed design
- Preparation of tender documents
- Works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
- Managing the delivery of technical outputs of project teams.
- Acting as Lead Designer on work undertaken by the team.
- Ensuring personal utilisation targets are met.
- Contributing to Value Management / Engineering to support Principal Engineers and Project Managers in ensuring that schemes are delivered with innovation.
- Communicate, deliver and implement improvements to SHEQ within all aspects of projects.
- Carrying out the checking and certifying of design deliverables (including drawings specifications, professional skill and care certificates, reports and contract documents), and authorising where appropriate.
- Ensuring that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company’s management systems including Health and Safety, project and risk management.
- Developing the talent within the team by coaching and mentoring Engineers, Technicians and Graduates and supporting their technical career development aspirations.
- Supporting managers with provision of information on the technical performance of staff for performance appraisal purposes.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- To be a chartered / incorporated member of a relevant professional institution (MICE/MCIHT) or demonstrably progressing towards this level of attainment and possessing equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable broad in-depth experience in design of highway maintenance or improvement schemes to UK standards.
- Experience in design of highways to UK standards.
- Experience of Value Managing schemes using Highways England’s processes and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
- Able to carry out technical compliance checks for project team outputs.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.