££ Competitive + bonus + pension
+44 (0)151 666 8967
10 months ago
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the successful Buyer will be used to working at a pace with a high level of autonomy in relation to decision making and implementing processes.
You will possess strong negotiation, relationship building and communication skills. You will be responsible for ensuring best quality and availability of raw materials and packaging whilst achieving financial value for the business.
Responsibilities of the Buyer include:
• Price forecasting, sourcing and procurement of raw materials / packaging.
• Directly and indirectly responsible for sourcing, negotiating, tendering and developing contracts.
• Keep the business up to date with market and product information.
• Establish, develop and maintain excellent supplier relationships improving supplier performance.
• Strategic benchmarking to ensure competitive costs.
• Stakeholder management to improve visibility throughout, increasing margins and ensuring that multiple departments are in sync minimising risk and increasing overall performance.
• Reduce stock write-offs to agreed minimum yearly level in liaison with the planning department.
• Drive continuous improvement .
You will ideally have experience in fast paced manufacturing environments with knowledge of ERP systems.
Application via CV.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.