£27000 - £32000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
over 1 year ago
Reporting into the Head of Technical, the successful Specifications Technologist will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the provision of accurate customer specifications on both existing and new products.
The successful Specifications Technologist will have previous specification experience within a food manufacturing environment (specs & artwork / technical services) and ideally used to working with all major multiple retailers and their corresponding Technical Libraries (although training will be provided for the right candidate).
Specifications Technologist responsibilities include:
• To complete and manage customer specifications to ensure they are correct and updated when required
• To monitor and highlight any actions/alerts/audits that are posted on web portals
• To ensure product nutrition samples are sent within timescales to submit specifications
• To complete artwork sign off checks to ensure artwork is legal and contains all the correct information
• Ensure food and labelling law is known and reviewed so effective communication and advice can be given to the business
• To assist in customer or third part visits and audits
• To review, sign off and manage the raw material specifications system to ensure raw materials meet customer and legal requirements and are reviewed/updated within the required time frame
• To ensure relevant approved information, for example specifications, approved artwork and QASs, are communicated to manufacturing sites prior to products being produced or as soon as possible
• To collect and respond to requests for information relating to raw materials
• Assist in other technical function tasks as required
Monday to Friday
££££competitive dependent on level of experience and industry knowledge)
Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, company pension scheme
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.