£45 - £55 per hour, Benefits: 9 day fortnight
+44 (0)151 666 8918
about 1 year ago
Scantec are currently looking for a C&I Engineer for one of our most prestigious clients.
Undertaking and over-viewing engineering design, installation, commissioning and maintenance requirements of a regulated site.
Good understanding of the overall design philosophy and lifecycle from concept through to decommissioning.
Accredited degree in a relevant engineering discipline from a recognised university and professional membership of and engineering institution
• Relevant Statutory Instruments e.g. Explosives Regulations, Ionising Radiation Regulations, Machinery Safety Directive, EMC Directive, IEE Wiring Regulations.
• Relevant national and international design codes and standards
• Nuclear Site License conditions.
• Construction, installation, commissioning and maintenance practices/requirements in the context of Regulatory scrutiny on a nuclear site.
• Nuclear Safety Principles.
• Knowledge of how to incorporate Security and Counter Terrorism Measures into design solutions.
• Availability, Reliability and general Maintainability.
• Design verification, validation and substantiation.
• Safety Instrumented Systems
• Hazards and Interlocks.
• FMEA’s and FTA’s, safety configuration diagrams.
• Hard Wired Safety Systems.
• Conventional and Nucleonic Instrumentation.
• Field sensors.
• Programmable Control Systems (PLC, Smart instruments, data acquisition).
• Software design processes.
• Networks (Ethernet, Fieldbus).
• Design and Build for Electromagnetic Compatibility.
• Electrical schematics and P&I Diagrams.
• Cable schedules and block diagrams.
• Control panel design and layout.
• Nuclear Regulations and Design Codes
• Prepared to travel to France
** Due to the nature of the projects, successful applicants will need to obtain UK security clearance therefore Scantec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full UK passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.