£40000 - £45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8935
9 months ago
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Job Title: Master Production Scheduler
Our client has an opportunity for a Master Production Scheduler who has a background in slow paced manufacturing to join a highly experienced, single site entity who have been in operation for over 200 years that are capable of producing the largest and most technically challenging cast and forged steel components in the world.
As Master Production Scheduler you will provide a company-wide manufacturing plan to enable accurate forecasting of sales turnover, delivery schedules and load and capacity models. To drive and promote an integrated, operationally lead, view to sales and marketing to best utilise remaining capacity of business resources.
The main duties of the role are as follows:
- Work with departmental planning and production management to coordinate and lead the overall planning function for establishment of component lead times, product life cycles and production capacity.
- Identify and implement system and process changes within the supply chain to improve overall business efficiency
- Further develop forecasting tools and procedures through innovative ideas and projects.
- Improvements in OTIF shipment and manufacturing schedule compliance.
- Assist in implementation of ERP and master scheduling module.
- Reduce WIP and aid in the improvement of OEE.
- Develop, maintain and communicate KPI data and report upon exceptions.
- Assist estimators and sales teams in delivery date estimations for prospective order intake.
- Promote use of shop floor schedules in the form of work to lists to offer guidance on priority and sequencing of work.
- Provide prompt and accurate detail to projects team and customer base.
- Effective use of shop floor data collection via the Mestec system.
- Upkeep and enhancement of Orchestrate planning and scheduling tool.
- Analysis of standard costs against actual performance to enhance schedule accuracy.
- Assist in the resolution of ERP and planning discrepancies.
- Continuous improvement tools and techniques to be utilised to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
The ideal Candidates will have:
- Continuous improvement/Lean qualification
- Product development and understanding product cycles
- Ability to motivate and engage a team
- Be able to handle pressurised situations
- Supply chain/Master scheduling
- Excellent computer skills
- Problem solving skills
- Previous experience in a MPS role
- Evidence of taking ownership for results
- Previous experience of managing projects (internally or with an external party)
- Experienced people manager
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Degree in business management or supply chain management.
- Experience of Operations/Production Management within heavy industry
Days/Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday 7:45-16:00, 37.5 hours per week
Rumination Package/What’s on offer:
- Long established local employer
- Competitive Salaries
- 33 days annual leave
- Central location with Free onsite parking
- Matched Pension scheme up to 4% and Life Assurance
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- On site Occupational Health Team; Health Screening, well-being focus topics
- Discount Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme & Benevolent Fund
- You at Work – Access to Online Discounts
- Comprehensive Learning & Development Opportunities
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.