Negotiable depending on experience
+44 (0)151 666 8929
over 1 year ago
We provide building consultancy, construction, installation and process engineering to a wide range of clients across the UK. The business operates major contracts which can include principal contracting, large scale subcontracting and specialist services which are supported by the main offices in Glasgow, Northumberland and Central London.
The successful candidate can base them selves from any of the major offices throughout the UK, however must be able and willing to travel as and when required to five construction sites across the South.
The HSE Advisor will
- Integrate successfully with the existing business, relevant departments and staff
- Foster excellent relations with clients, staff and suppliers
- Work to consistently improve the HSE culture within the business
- Bring new ideas to the business and in particular to enhance the company brand
- Have the capacity to deliver a diversity of requirements within a working day
- Be able to travel and occasionally work away from home
- Act as part of a team and/or alone in providing competent advice in matters of HSE legislation
- Ensure the organisation complies with current HSE legislation, management systems and approved codes of practice
- Work proactively with stakeholders to establish and maintain a system that promotes a culture of safe working across the organisation
- Establish close working relationships with site teams, clients, consultants and suppliers
- Provide accurate project reporting in line with company requirements
- Be the responsible point of contact for all HSE related issues within their designated projects
- Work with other leaders in order to drive a behavioural approach to HSE management and develop the culture on site
- Work with the HSE Manager to develop the business management systems where appropriate
- Ensure the companies HSE policies are implemented consistently across the organisation
- Carry out regular site inspections and audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Investigate and assist others in investigating the circumstances and causes of accidents/incidents whilst implementing corrective/preventative actions
- Collate and report company HSE statistics
- Advise on a range of specialist areas e.g. Fire Regulations and Hazardous substances.
- Assist in identifying training requirements and deliver such training
- Construction related background working for principle contractors
- Hold a recognised NEBOSH qualification
- Valid UK Drivers licence
- Experience leading accident and incident investigations
- Internal HSE audit experience
- Graduate IOSH status or working towards this
- M&E background
- A recognised level 3 training qualification
- Additional qualifications in Temporary Works Coordination
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.