£23.40 per hour, Benefits: Holiday & Pension
+44 (0)151 666 8999
7 months ago
6 month Contract
PAYE £23.40 per hour, (£46,846.80 per annum pro rata) 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts 2xdays - 2xnights
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced mechanically biased engineer with a utilities background used to working on boilers, water generation and compressed air knowledge. This role is working with on of the leading pharmaceutical businesses in the UK at their Speke based manufacturing facility.
The role will join the maintenance team looking after their utilities network across several buildings/facilities on site. The contract is for an initial 6 months to backfill a secondment but has potential to increase in length.
- The role holder will be required to perform a broad range of varied planned and unplanned maintenance activities that support the overall team and business objectives.
- The role holder will operate with a degree of autonomy, once relevant training is completed
- Ensure all documentation is completed correctly , accurately in a timely manner and signed by the relevant personnel
- Ensure compliance with HSE regulations
- Understand, execute and promote a GMP compliant culture, ensure the highest standards of housekeeping and safety are applied within their own work area.
- Deliver departmental objectives and operational decisions made by others are executed in a timely manner. Liaise with members of their own departments to provide and receive support and feedback.
- Plan and attend required training in a timely manner and ensures training records are up to date
- Actively promote a safety culture and raise and correct Near Misses/Accident & Incident Reports when required.
- Support organisational change, process improvements and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Solve reoccurring and multi cause problems
- Engineering Apprenticeship
- Experience working on utilities (boilers, water generation, compressed air systems)
- Pharmaceutical or medical devices beneficial but FMCG or highly regulated environments will be considered
- Good standards of numeracy and literacy are essential together with excellent attention to detail
- The role holder must have well developed interpersonal and communication skills. Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure are also essential.
- Knowledge of PLC/PCS systems beneficial
- Ability to pass a DCS check
- A positive and pro-active approach is needed to aid resolution of issues.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.