£34 - £36 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 2 months ago
12 months +
Our Client has a long term contract opportunity for an NEC Project Manager based in Stockport town centre.
The scheme aims to ease congestion for general road traffic, buses and freight, and encourage walking and cycling. £73.2m package of measures which aims to transform the accessibility and connectivity to and around Stockport town centre. Completion anticipated by 2021.
The key schemes on site or to be delivered in the remainder of the programme Include:
- A6 corridor enhancements between George’s Road and Bramhall Lane including improved public realm, pedestrian crossings, cycle facilities and bus provision;
- Public realm improvements to support Stockport Exchange Phase 3-5 office development;
- Highway and public realm improvements in the Markets, Underbanks and Merseyway area of the town centre;
- Highway improvements at Hall Street / Banks Lane and Turncroft Lane;
- Highway improvements at Hempshaw Lane / Lowndes Lane;
- Works to improve access to the new Stockport Interchange (bus station); and
- New and improved pedestrian and cycle routes into Stockport town centre from the east including a new bridge over the Goyt and a new signal-controlled crossing at Stockport Road West / Welkin Road.
The SMBC Mayor’s Challenge Fund (MCF) is a £17m, three year (to March 2022) cycling and walking improvement programme to transform the accessibility and connectivity to and around Stockport town centre. MCF has two key areas of focus for investment supporting delivery of the Beeline Network which consists of number of cycling and walking infrastructure improvements needed to achieve aims and objectives set out in the Made to Move initiative. The key areas are:
- Active Centres and Corridors - Strategic walking and cycle route connections between and across town and city centres; and
- Active Neighbourhoods - Improving neighbourhood walking and cycling access from residential areas to local jobs, schools, colleges, health facilities and public transport.
General Role Requirements:
- Five years’ experience is desirable for the NEC PM and Supervisor roles of administering NEC ECC forms of contract in an equivalent role (including Options A and B payment mechanisms), supervision of contractors on site and verification of valuations for completed works;
- Experience of working on highways and transportation infrastructure projects, including public realm works, in a town centre environment is essential;
- Experience of working across multiple projects (up to five at any one time) simultaneously with construction values ranging from £10k to £10m is desirable;
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.