South East England
£48000 - £52000 per annum, Benefits: plus allowances
+44 (0)151 666 8977
about 1 year ago
Our client provides warranty and insurance services to the construction industry. They are currently looking for a Building Control Manager to oversee the function across the whole of the South of England. Due to the nature of the role, you will not be working at a fixed location, however you will be a remote worker travelling across the whole of the South of England.
The purpose of the role is to lead a team of eight home-based Building Control Surveyors whilst controlling and monitoring their workload and audit their competency in accordance with CICAIR requirements. The location will vary on a weekly basis.
- Managing a remote team of BC Surveyors ensuring that individuals are given clear guidance and goals, that they understand what is required of them and that they understand the mechanism for monitoring and performance reviews.
- Carry out Surveyor Quantity Reviews (SQR's) on Surveyors, recognising achievement and identifying development areas, formulating and delivering training plans.
- Assessing potential new business opportunities and undertake joint & individual meetings with existing clients, potential customers to promote business opportunities.
- Manage Surveyors' performance using data reports to analyse and monitor KPI's, as well as continually driving motivation and engagement and encouraging discretionary effort.
- MUST HOLD full membership MCABE, MRICS, MCIOB.
- Min of 5 years relevant BC experience (plan check and site inspection or warranty experience) or combined. Buildings regulations and current legislation.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Ollie Melton on 0151 666 8977 or alternatively email your CV today.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.