£57 - £66 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8918
over 1 year ago
Scantec are currently looking for an Engineering Manager (Building Services) with experience of multi-discipline integration with high hazard facilities for one of our most prestigious clients.
• Examine that the facility design drivers (Requirements) are suitable and appropriate, and advise the PEM as such
• Identify options, select that appropriate solution and provide the right facility design solutions such that they: meet business needs (functional performance), through life performance; are licensable and are deliverable, for an allocated packages.
• Maintain the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration from facility design inception through to project handover to the operational phase.
• Provide the optimum facility design solution.
• Proportionately deliver integrated facility designs with supporting safety cases.
• Assess the suitability of the facility design for the next phase of the lifecycle
• Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
• Be the engineering design intelligent customer, from both the review of project design drivers (e.g.: business requirements, capability needs of the programme and agreed service schedules; safety drivers; design codes) and as intelligent customer of externally sourced facility designs.
• Recommend the budget and programme, to the PERM, to deliver design.
• Assess the suitability of engineering design resources (both internal and external) to execute facility design.
• Ensure the checking and recording the competence of designers.
• Lead, drive, communicate and be accountable for the delivery of allocated packages regarding: quality, cost effective and lifetime value for money facility designs.
• Compile the instruction defining the expectations regarding the design scope and deliverables.
• Maintain oversight of the facility design as it develops, via e.g. routine reviews.
• Deliver, to the PEM, design solutions that meets business needs (functional performance), through life performance; is licensable and is deliverable.
• Manage the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration from inception through to project handover to the operational phase.
• Assist the Head of Design Engineering in developing the Facility Design capability, encompassing both Improvements and Resource skills development.
** Due to the nature of the projects, successful applicants will need to obtain UK DV security clearance therefore Scantec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full UK passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.