£35000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
11 months ago
£35-40k + benefits, Mon – Fri days based
An exciting opportunity to join an expanding manufacturing business based in the Northwest. Due to the continued successes and versatility of our client’s product range across a variety of cutting edge manufacturing sectors they are looking to recruit a new production Team Leader to oversee a medium sized production team within their manufacturing facility.
The role itself is tasked with achieving maximum output each shift across a range of manufacturing lines while adhering to strict health and safety and quality standards. This role will suit someone with a strong background in people management and a keen desire to join an expanding successful business. This department has a lot of scope for expansion within the business, so someone used to driving recruitment and developing production staff within a technical manufacturing environment would be well suited.
The role will have the following responsibilities:
- Shift start up meetings and work/staff allocation to ensure key KPI’s and production targets are met across several shifts
- Strong leadership skills to put in corrective measures for falling behind on targets maintain the CI environment within the business and champion this in your team.
- Maintain and improve where possible communication between teams and departments and across the shift pattern within this department
- Work with the Production Manager & Engineering team to ensure breakdowns, stoppages, absences or machines falling behind target are investigated and appropriate investigations are carried out
- Identify areas for training and development both personally and for your team to ensure professional and personal development remains core to the businesses culture
- Ensure Absence Management, health and safety maintenance; disciplinary procedures are adhered to on site across all shifts.
- Ordering of consumable parts and replenishing of spares, work in conjunction with Engineering in this area.
- Maintain and improve where possible the visual management boards within the business
- Have a sound knowledge of 5S and maintain this on site
- Understand and live Operational Excellence management strategy
- Investigate with the quality team non conformance reports and work on corrective actions.
- The successful candidate will have good leadership experience, managing a production based team comprising likely of different positons and levels of seniority and experience.
- Have a real drive and motivation to work for a business where you can grow in a role and shape a department operationally
- Personal and professional development and the scope for progression will be a motivator in the future of the successful candidate, as well as continuing to learn and adapt.
- A background working within a technical manufacturing environment utilising Operational Excellence.
Manufacturing/Production Leadership experience
Experience working within technical manufacturing industry utilising Operational Excellence
Leadership or Management Qualification
Six Sigma qualification would be advantageous
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.