£27000 - £33000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8999
8 months ago
Based predominantly within a large FMCG facility in Greater Manchester, the successful candidate will be required to assist with the design, implementation and continued development of the maintenance, breakdown and remedial process/schedule as the site continues to expand.
We are looking for highly motivated candidates that can bring a positive impact to the development of the Engineering & Maintenance business unit where you must have a proactive approach when it comes to supporting the engineering & maintenance team to ensure we meet business objectives.
Main Duties Include:
• Carrying out planned preventative maintenance
• Respond to machinery breakdowns
• Diagnosing & rectifying mechanical faults
• Assisting with internal maintenance
The Candidate Will Ideally Have:
• A time served Apprenticeship/trained mechanical engineer with proven experience and training.
• A strong ability to be able to carry out planned preventative & reactive maintenance work on process & packaging machinery, demonstrable from previous experience with similar processes.
• Experience working within manufacturing environments such as Food & Beverage, FMCG,
• Packaging & Automotive
• Experience working with gearboxes, pumps, motors, pneumatics & hydraulics etc.
• Fabrication & pipework skills preferred but not essential.
• Whilst experience in Electrical and Electrical Control Systems would be beneficial it is not essential.
• Ability to demonstrate a good awareness of health & safety compliance and mitigating risks for the job in hand.
• Experience of working under Permit to Work Systems.
• Ability to work unsupervised or lead a team of engineers.
• Good communication skills.
• Enthusiasm, drive and ability to schedule and manage own workload and plan tasks effectively.
• A flexible approach to work and willingness to travel in the UK (full driving licence required).
In return we are offering:
• Full time, permanent position.
• A salary of £27,000 - £33,000pa depending on experience.
• Competitive overtime package in place.
• Company pension scheme.
• 25 days holiday per annum in addition to the statutory bank holidays.
The role comes at an exciting time for the business and offers the opportunity for career growth and
a chance to join one of the most dynamic forward‐thinking companies.
If you are currently seeking your next career move and you are interested in this exciting opportunity that is presently on offer, please apply to the advert. Alternatively, you can call Keenan on 0151 666 8936 if you wish to discuss the role further, prior to submitting your application.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.