£10 - £12 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
over 1 year ago
Our Client is one of the UK’s leading utility service provider. Due to an increase in work they have opportunities available within Leak Detection. The purpose of this role is to deliver against its regulatory targets and customer promises for leakage control.
As a leakage Technician you will be responsible for detecting leaks and reporting them onto a Supervisor. This will involve the deployment and assessment of appropriate leakage detection methodologies, depending upon the technical requirements of the area being assessed.
You will work in closely with a Supervisor to ensure the timely and efficient repair and resolution of leakage issues, as well as being accountable for proactive private leakage detection to resolution.
Key activities undertaken by the role holders will include:
• Proactive/Reactive leakage assistance
• Interpretation and use of flow and pressure data to agree areas of interest for further leakage detection activity
• Appropriate leakage detection method depending on requirements of the DMAs(correlating, sounding, step testing, data loggers)
• Pressure zero tests
• Raising new work via Toughbook for leak repair including appropriate network interruptions
• Incident assistance
• To ensure all activities comply with Health and Safety Legislation, including confined space entry and dynamic risk assessment.
In addition the following tasks also form a key part of the role:
• Action PZT
• Action step test
• Assist other roles
• Attend meeting
• Attend team brief
• Carry out mandatory daily vehicle check
• Check boundary valves in relation to leakage activities
• Clean van
• Ensure PPE and equipment is maintained as per standard
• Flush main for leakage purposes
• Project/innovation work
• Proactive interruption/restoration of mains supply
• Locate apparatus
• Miscellaneous admin
• Operate valve for leakage detection purposes
• Set up operate and remove standpipe
• Set up site as per NRSWA
• Set up operate and remove portable flow meters (including MAST)
• Update mobile device
• Review industrial users – metering where appropriate
Knowledge and Skills
Water Hygiene certificate
• You will be educated to a good standard – preferably GCSE grade C or above, City and Guilds, or able to demonstrate technical skill
• Required to comply with all Health and Safety procedures and will be capable of operating all machinery, equipment and tools within a difficult working environment
• Team working and communication skills will be an integral requirement of the role
• There will also be a dedicated training programme for the role that will allow you to work effectively in the role whilst delivering against our targets
• Significant operational experience in the operation of the network and undertaking leakage detection
• Demonstrate the competency to work as part of a high performance team whilst having a proven record of achieving goals, objectives and scorecard measures
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.